The Police & Crime Commissioner is responsible for creating an efficient police force that cuts crime and keeps people safe. Last Friday, our breakfast presenter Mark Dean had the chance to sit down with the Police Commissioner Executive of the Police and Crime commissioner Paul Bullen. He came in to explain how you can have your say on the Police & Crime Plan and fire & Rescue Plan, that tackles everything from Child exploitation to fire prevention strategies.
Paul expressed his understanding of the various concerns that many have with the service that the police provide, one issue in particular that he highlighted was how many where concerned about how the police deal with Burglaries. This is one thing which he has helped to change whereby the Police will now be sure to visit the scene of the crime as opposed to just giving the victim a case number. Paul alongside his team is working to provide the best service they can.
There are so many ways to get involved and help shape the policing in Northamptonshire. You can get involved in the following ways:
- becoming an independent custody visitor, checking on the welfare of detainees;
- taking part as a member of our resident’s panel;
- joining an independent advisory group, allowing your views to be considered on a variety of subjects;
- becoming a mystery shopper, and checking the services at local bars and clubs or of the police control room;
- providing advice as a Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements Lay Advisor
- providing feedback on a specific consultation
To find out more about what the Police and Crime Commissioner are doing and to get involved you can visit the website at www.northantspcc.org.uk